Presidential Wedding Greeting
Receiving a Presidential Wedding Greeting is easier to obtain than you think. The White House Greetings Office will honor citizens with a special Presidential Wedding Greeting. All greeting requests must be submitted in writing. Brides and grooms can either mail or fax their request to the White House Greetings Office. Faxed requests should include the same information as a mailed request as well as the name and phone number of the sender. If you decided to mail your request, you'll need to send your request to: The White House, Room 39 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington DC 20502 If you would like to fax your request, you need to fax it to 202-395-1232. Your request for the Wedding Greeting should include the following information: · couple's names · titles such as Mr. and Mrs. · couple's complete mailing address, including zip code · full date of marriage, month, day, year Your request should be submitted about four weeks prior to your wedding day. For more information regarding Presidential greetings, please call the National Contact Center toll-free at 1-800-FED-INFO or visit the http://www.whitehouse.gov/greeting/ Please review these guidelines carefully before sending your request to the White House.
1. U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The White House will send greetings to United States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.
2. ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED. Your request must be received six (6) weeks in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)
3. ANNIVERSARY GREETINGS. Anniversary greetings are extended only to those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding anniversary.
4. BIRTHDAY GREETINGS. Birthday greetings will be sent only to individuals 80 years of age and above.
5. OTHER GREETINGS. A limited number of special occasions other than birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will send appropriate recognition to United States citizens. These occasions include important events such as: a. Wedding (send your request after the event) b. Baby's Birth (must be born during the George W. Bush Administration; send request only after baby's birth) c. Eagle Scout Award d. Girl Scout Gold Award e. Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion
6. REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please include the following in your request: a. name and home address of honoree(s) b. form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.) c. exact date of occasion (month, day, year) d. age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage e. your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number f. Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address) g. Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address of baby and parents)
7. WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. In most cases, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately ten (10) days prior to the event.
Bridal Shoes Articles
Bridal Shoes Books